Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thoughts About Comments

Storytelling Comments. I think probably the most reassuring comments I read about my stories were that they were easy to follow. Sometimes I get the feeling that while the story makes sense in my own head, other people may find it confusing. As sort of an extension of that, I think it is helpful when people point out the main points/morals of the story. If I am writing a story that is easy to follow and that clearly delivers the message I am wanting to convey, I have reached the ultimate goal. Also, giving specific critiques help me improve my writings. For example, someone commented on one of my stories and said I could be a little more specific and then provided an example in "like naming the characters".

Introduction/Other Comments. I think it is interesting to read about how my introduction or other posts relate to other students. Since this is an online class it is hard to get to students, I think these type of comments make it easier to feel like you are getting to you your fellow classmates.

My comments. I think that I have room to improve my comments on Storytelling posts. After reading other peoples' comments I realized that I could probably afford to be more specific. I feel like my comments right now may me too generalized and not really help the author at all. By pointing out the clarity, main points, and specific critiques, I could leave some comments that may be of use to the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment