Monday, August 24, 2015

My Favorite Places: Turks and Caicos Islands & Cannes, France.

I couldn't narrow it down to one single place, so I am calling it a tie.

Turks and Caicos Islands. The Turks and Caicos Islands are a group of small islands in the Caribbean that are situated off the southeast coast of Cuba, just north of Haiti. My dad has lived here since the 80's so I  spent a lot of time snorkeling and scuba diving in the waters around the islands growing up. It is absolutely beautiful. It has been voted among one of the best beaches in the world.

(Grace Bay Beach- Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands : Flickr)

Cannes, France. My family on my father's side are all from Cannes so I have had the pleasure of going over there to visit during summer vacations. I was there this summer for 7 weeks studying abroad and that was my third trip over there. There is a great beach, lots of history, and an annual international film festival held at the beginning of every summer. I describe it as the "L.A. of Europe", there is always something to do. 


(Panorama View of Cannes: Flickr)

1 comment:

  1. You are not the first person to mention Turks and Caicos Islands, Kurtis! I had never heard of them before, but last year a student wrote about that as their favorite place, so I got to learn something new... and it really does sound beautiful! And snorkeling is so much fun: I lived in Hawaii my freshman year of high school, and there is some great snorkeling there as you can imagine.

    And how cool that you have a family connection to Cannes!!! I have been to Paris, but not Cannes... maybe someday...!

    Now if only we could all just magically transported to India so that we could read the epics while actually BEING there... that would be the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete