Thursday, October 29, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 10

I am a little early on this post, but I have already had a busy week so I feel like it is merited. This week I chose to read "The Life of Buddha" online from the Sacred Texts site. Since the beginning of the class I have been wanting to learn more about the story of Buddha, so this was the perfect opportunity. The readings are a little lengthy, so I broke up the readings into two parts. For the reading, I focused on the episode in which Buddha returns home and convinces his brother to join him in his new pious life, which sort of bothers their father. I liked this story because it shows that everyone can create whichever path they want in like. There is no "right" or "wrong" as long as you are passionate about it. I really liked the storybooks I read this week too. I read to Western themed stories that were both very entertaining. I have also been really busy outside of this class. I have my capstone paper draft due next week, so I have to pump out 14 pages between now and then. It's going to be a busy end to the semester but I'm looking forward to finishing up my college career!

File:Sausage race finish line.jpg
Sausage Race Finish Line: Wiki Commons 

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of having to pump out papers! It is that time of year again. Luckily for me, in just a little over a month I will be done with my undergraduate studies! I am very excited, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I really like what you said about there not being a right or wrong in what you do. I think a lot of people take that for granted and think that they are required to be successful or wealthy in order to be happy, but it is really more about being content and loving what you do with your time every day that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete