Friday, October 9, 2015

Growth Mindset: Week 7

Einstein Quote: Google Images

I heard this quote a couple of years ago and it always stuck with me. I think a big part of society today is people comparing their strengths and weaknesses to those of other people. I know I am definitely guilty of this sometimes. If someone does better on a test than me or can do a better flip than me off the diving board, it just kind of bugs me. I don't really know why. I try to constantly remind myself of this quote whenever I get feelings like that because everyone has their own nitch. If everybody were really good at the same thing, not only would life be really boring, but nothing would really get done. I try to view things that I am not good at in a positive light. It's not that I'm an idiot or something because someone else is better than me at something, it just happens to be their thing. When you look at like this, I think the world becomes a much more interesting and inspiring place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment