Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Growth Mindset: Week 14

Comfort Zone: Growth Mindset Meme


I chose this meme because this is something that I try to remind myself of as often as possible. Breaking out of your comfort zone is something that people talk about all of the time because it's difficult to do , and, if it was easy everybody would be doing, so the cliche goes. This is something that my dad had always told me the importance of throughout my life as well, accept he is a military man so the way he described it was "if you get too comfortable you get weak". I don't think weak is the right word, but breaking out of the norm and throwing yourself into the pit of new and foreign experiences can do nothing but better yourself and broaden your outlook on life. For me, this is most applicable when it comes to speaking in class. For some reason answering in class makes me nervous. But I know that by doing it the professor will take notice and it will only reinforce my knowledge of the course material. Overall I just think this is something that is important for many aspects of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment