Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Reflections: Week 15

This class has been a wild ride. To be honest, at first I thought it was going to be a hassle because of how busy the first couple of weeks were. However, looking back on it, I'm glad those were so busy because I wouldn't have been able to navigate the course sites and blogs without them. Once I got into the groove of the reading diaries, stories, and projects, the course was totally enjoyable. There were many aspects of this course that I enjoyed, but I think my two favorite things were the storytelling assignments and the growth mindset assignments.

The Storytelling was a great aspect of the course because it allowed for some creative expression, something that is usually lacking in other college courses where you just regurgitate information. I had never considered myself to be a story teller by any stretch of the imagination. While I still think that would be a stretch, it was fun getting to sharpen those skills a little bit. Having to write one every week really made you stretch your imagination, I think that was what I liked the most about it.

The growth mindset was great for me because it was something that could be applied to all of my classes and even life outside of school in general. Those assignments really make you conscious of your attitude about what you are doing and help you channel the struggles and stress of college and change them into something positive. It is amazing how much you can get done simply by changing your outlook on the various tasks that come before you. This is something that I think is very beneficial and can have long-term impacts on a person's development.

Like I said, there was a lot of stuff about this course that I liked, but I think these two aspects were probably my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment