Thursday, November 12, 2015

Portfolio Guide


This story is based on the tale of the Golden Deer of the Ramayana. It tells the tale of how Ravana was able to kidnap Sita. 

Giovanni Domenico Tipeolo, Procession of the Trojan Horse in Troy. 1773..jpg
The Trojan Horse: Wiki Commons



Trouble in Middle Earth 

This story adapts the tale of Rama's exile to fit the famous trilogy, The Lord of the Rings. It demonstrates how good men can be tainted by their jealous, bitter peers.
Representation of Dasaratha being asked in court to banish R Wellcome V0045070.jpg
King Dasaratha is asked in Court to Banish Rama: Wiki Commons 


Mahabharata Draft Day 

A modern twist on the on the Mahabharata as the Pandavas and Kausavas prepare for battle.
File:First Take Salute the Troops broadcast.jpg
Skip Bayles on ESPN's First Take: Wiki Commons 


Hear No Evil, See No Evil,  Speak No Evil

Try as he might, young Buddha's father cannot prevent the life the Gods have destined for his son.

File:NikkoNoEvil4902.jpg
The Three Monkey's at Toshogy Nikko : Wiki Commons

Paradise Lost

A noble Shoshone Chief demonstrates the difference between a leader and a ruler.

Snake River with Teton Range: Wiki Commons 

The Red Paperclip 

The story of how one man turned a single red paperclip into a two story house.
File:One red paperclip.jpg
One Red Paperclip: Wiki Commons 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kurtis! I like the stories you have picked out so far. They look very interesting and filled with drama. I also like the pictures you used. The summary gave me a good idea of what the story would be about even though it had little information. I am definitely looking forward to the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurtis,
    Your portfolio is so cool and it was so interesting for me to read! I chose the storybook option for my project, so your portfolio was the first project for me to see that was not a storybook. Your stories are so eloquent and well-worded and it was truly a joy for me to experience! I liked how you set up the organization of the page for your stories. What I mean by that is how you put the character’s names to the side of the page every time they said something. I can see that you really put the time, thought, and detail into all of your writing for your portfolio so far. The stories that you chose were also well-placed into your portfolio. I cannot wait to see what else you add to your portfolio project and I think you are a great writer! Best wishes in your writing for the future!

    ReplyDelete